Successful candidates shall be confident in their abilities in project programming, decisive in their actions and productive and cooperative as team players, open minded, flexible, with vision and adept in face-to-face communications with our clients and others on behalf of our clients. Candidates must be sufficiently competent to deal with complex planning and scheduling issues which will likely mean more than average attention to detail.
Ideal candidates would be at the least orally competent in English with a moderate degree of writing skills and preferably with knowledge of other languages.
Education & Ability Requirements:
- at least 10 years post-graduate experience as a planning engineer in a main contractor or construction consultancy who dealt with project planning/programming
- familiarity with techniques used to analyze the cause of delays;
- knowledge of planning engineering as a whole under international standards;
- a degree in civil engineering, preferably in the domain of roads and bridges engineering;
- relevant IT skills;
- skilled in the use of the Primavera planning software (minimum 5 years’ experience);
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and the ability to write high quality planning reports and professional advice on planning matters is essential;
- PMP recognition from the Project Management Institute (PMI) or PSP status will be looked upon favorably;
- awareness and experience of other key industries such as Rail, M&E, Wastewater, Oil and Gas will be an advantage;
- relevant construction site experience;
- willing and available for project-based business travel.