Successful candidates shall be confident in their abilities in the Quantity Surveying domain, decisive in their actions and productive and cooperative as team players, open minded, flexible, with vision and adept in face-to-face communications with our clients and others on behalf of our clients. Candidates must be sufficiently competent to deal with complex financial issues which often requires more than average attention to detail.
Ideal candidates would be at the least orally competent in English with a moderate degree of writing skills and preferably with knowledge of other languages.
Education & Ability Requirements:
- Civil Engineer university degree (preferably roads and bridges construction engineer);
- minimum of 3 years’ experience in technical service;
- detailed knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), AutoCAD;
- reasonable command of the English language;
- understanding of construction legislation and other relevant regulations.
- review the Contract Documents for the purposes of measurement take-off from construction drawings;
- calculate quantities and allocation of resources;
- calculate the cost of projects, estimation and final evaluations;
- assess progress from measurement records;
- prepare Payment Application Statements for work executed;
- prepare detailed unit price build-ups;
- prepare written reports;
- prepare variation proposals;
- register data and analysis;
- extensive use of computer software for calculation;
- willing and available for project-based business travel.