Description of project
The project is part of the Pan European Corridor IV, and is located in Transylvania region in the center part of Romania. The route of the Sibiu Bypass is running from the south-east to the north-west side of the town and the route length is 23 km. The Project has two sections:
- Section 1 – from km 0+000 to km 14+760, where the bypass will be integrated in the future motorway linking Bucharest to the Romanian / Hungarian border at Nadlac (via Pitesti/Brasov/ Sibiu and Deva);
- Section 2 – from km 14+470 to km 23+800.
Within the original scope of work this project entailed:
- Utilities relocation and protection;
- Earthworks, consolidation works and full carriageway construction from km 0+000 to km 15+064 as motorway standard and from km 15+064 to km 23+800 as the existing national road;
- Six bridges crossings overs rivers, three bridges crossings over valleys, two overpasses over roads, three overpasses over railway, four interchanges, two grade and one level crossings;
- Drainage works (slab and pipe culverts, gutters, ditches, slope ditches);
- Vertical and horizontal signaling, fencing, guard-rails and acoustic barriers;
- Rebuilding the existing local roads for continuity and landscaping.
Type of services provided by the Consultant
Under this ISPA financed framework contract Techno Engineering & Associates carried out Contract Management Assistance, comprising the following:
- Contractual retrospective and prospective review of tender and Contract documents in relation to the FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction, First Edition 1999;
- Risk Analysis Reports;
- Evaluation of changes in legislation after base date affecting the Contract;
- Review of project correspondence from inception to date of inception of assignment;
- Advising on required Contractor’s action with relevance to review of monthly project correspondence;
- Drafting of all responses of contractual nature;
- Drafting of all contractual notices;
- Identification of potential claims;
- Preparation of summary background of projects and claims;
- Developing liability analysis for claim issues;
- Review of subcontracts and agreements;
- Drafting procedures for the implementation and controlling of project contemporary records;
- Contractual risk management monitoring;
- Advising on Romanian Applicable Law affecting the Contract;
- Monitoring change in legislation affecting the Contract.
- Preparation of justification report, etc.