Description of project
The Prahova valley (Câmpina – Sinaia – Predeal) is an important link between two main regions of Romania (Bucharest and Transylvania). It has also a significant tourism role as mountain resort. However, the valley is very narrow, having steep slopes in the immediate neighborhood of the railway.
From Câmpina at 460 m above sea level the railway climbs to Predeal at 1 032 m, which is the highest point on the Romanian railway network The railway track is winding, with small radius curves, and a substantial number of bridges and culverts, various railway reinforcement works and protection works against erosion from the Prahova river.
The present traffic capacity of Bucharest – Braşov line is 296 trains/ day for the two directions of circulation (148 pairs of trains), which makes the Câmpina – Predeal section one of the most busy and overloaded lines of the Romanian railway network.
This project concerns the rehabilitation and upgrading of the railway between Câmpina and Predeal in Romania. This railway section is part of the railway line between Bucharest and Braşov, and part of the Trans-European Transport Corridor IV.
Type of services provided by the Consultant
Techno Engineering & Associates carried out the Contract Management Assistance, comprising the following:
- Contractual retrospective and prospective review of tender and Contract documents in relation to the FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction, First Edition 1999;
- Risk Analysis Reports;
- Evaluation of changes in legislation after base date affecting the Contract;
- Review of project correspondence from inception to date of inception of assignment;
- Advising on required Contractor’s action with relevance to review of monthly project correspondence;
- Drafting of all responses of contractual nature;
- Drafting of all contractual notices;
- Identification of potential claims;
- Preparation of summary background of projects and claims;
- Developing liability analysis for claim issues;
- Review of subcontracts and agreements;
- Monthly site visit;
- Drafting procedures for the implementation and controlling of project contemporary records;
- Contractual risk management monitoring;
- Monitoring change in legislation affecting the Contract.